A Parish Pump stood in the market square adjacent to the market hall for many years. The Bromley Town Pump was fed with water from an underground stream that still surfaces in the church house gardens. However, at the time of the building of the Old Town Hall in 1863, the original pump was removed.
The present Bromley Town Pump of an interesting Victorian design was put up as a replacement on a new site in the market square, sometime in the 1860s. This pump was also removed when the Old Town Hall was demolished in 1933 to make way for the market square development. It was re-erected in church house gardens where it stood for 50 years before being restored. Looking for more inftresting stories from Bromley, visit the home page of Bromley Removals website.